Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Lazy Way to Success

By Fred Gratzon,
Author of "The Lazy Way To Success"

I don't believe in work. And I could never hold a job.

Then again, I never really wanted one. I only took a job when I got absolutely desperate. Even still, it didn't take long for me to get fired. Or to run out screaming.

Selling my freedom for something as trivial as money was always sheer agony. It never made sense to me. It seemed like a form of slavery.

But everyone told me that hard work brought success. Of course, I too wanted success - but I never could muster the willpower to actually show up for work, let alone do the work.

It is a great tragedy that nearly everyone on earth has bought into the idea that hard work has value. As a result, nearly everyone works hard. But, instead of becoming successful, nearly everyone gets exhausted, and stressed, and financially strapped. And many of those people get physically, and/or emotionally, and/or socially, and/or psychologically sick.

You would think that people would have figured it out by now that hard work is not the answer. Unfortunately, no one has and nearly everyone continues to blindly sacrifice time, and freedom, and health, and family life in an attempt to get money. They never reach their goal. Why? Because the hard work formula is a fraud, that's why!

Fortunately, one magical day when I was blithely avoiding all forms of work, I realized that no one has to give up freedom to be successful. I realized that you can avoid work and be successful at the same. In fact, I saw that avoiding work was actually the secret to being successful.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY

No comments: