Saturday, March 31, 2012

How a 15-minute Trance Cured a Life-Long Smoker


By Sanjay Kumar / Source: The Hypnotic Laws

I'll tell you a story about a smoker (he happened to be my father). As kids we begged and pleaded with him to just stop smoking but he'd never listen. My mother would also beg him to stop smoking but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. The only concession he made to us was to smoke outside the house so the smoke didn't bother any of us.

He smoked from the age of 21 to 46!

After a quarter century of heavy smoking one day everything changed for him. We were at dinner and the waiter and he struck up a nice conversation (in psychological terms this would be referred to as "establishing rapport").

When my father spoke to the waiter I could tell he was taken in by this man. They were about the same age, same ethnicity and they oddly even had the same body language at times.

This man – who we knew for all of 15 mins – was intently talking to my father about things and noticed the pack of cigarettes. He looked at him and I'll never forget what he said:

No comments: