Thursday, August 11, 2005

Encyclopedia of Supernatural Frauds and Hoaxes

By James Randi
Encylopedia of Hoaxes

When I decided to place the entire text of "An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural" on the Internet, it was suggested to me that this could cut into the sales of the printed version. However, experience has shown that, in the publishing business, making a book available on the Internet only stimulates sales of the actual book! Another mystery.

I'm very pleased that we're able to do this for our readers, which reminds me that I must thank a good number of you for sending me corrections that needed to be made. You know who you are. Many of the errors were ones that I should have spotted long ago, and there were quite a few typographical errors — especially in the index.


I hope that you will enjoy this Internet version, and will return to it often for information, entertainment, and perhaps for research purposes. You are free to quote from it, providing full source credit is provided.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY

No comments: