Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Your Job From Hell

By Stuart Goldsmith
Elite Inner Circle


I now want to share with you an amazingly powerful
method of helping you to realize what your dream job might be. I am indebted to Barbara Sher author of "I Could Do Anything If Only I Knew What It Was" for this idea.

Before I explain this exercise, I want to give you an
example of a technique which has some merit, but is not very effective. This is the sort of technique you'll read about in books on life-planning, and I find it very unsatisfactory.

Take a sheet of paper (yes, you can start groaning).
On the top of the paper write the words 'My Job From Heaven.' Underneath this, write out exactly what the title implies.

This is fantasy time, so let your imagination run riot.
You can design your own perfect fantasy job. Where will you work? Who will you work with? In what sort of environment? Doing what? What hours will you work? What salary will you be paid? Is it a manual job? A creative job? Just put down anything you can think of which would make your working day blissful.

What do you think of that for an exercise?


Okay, it has its merits, but if you actually try to
complete this exercise you'll find it fairly difficult.

The reason is that the second you try to fantasize
about your ideal job, negative thoughts and conditioning crowd your mind, effectively saying to you: "Don't be silly! You can't have that! That would be impossible. That's asking too much."

Now, and I hope you're ready for this...take another
blank sheet of paper and on the top of it write: 'My Job From Hell.'

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY

No comments: