Saturday, July 18, 2015

How to Be the Luckiest Person on the Planet

By James Altucher, Author of Choose Yourself

I told my dad, "I'm a lucky guy." He said, "But are you lucky in love?" I was six years old. Love was the most disgusting thing in the world to me. What the hell was he talking about? Love was living in another neighborhood at that time. Or another planet. It would be years before Love stuck its ugly little nose into my house and said, "hello, anyone here?

Luck was all about rolling the dice. Or finding a quarter on the ground. Or seeing a double rainbow after a quick storm.

But now I'm different. I'm constantly checking in and out of the Hospital of No Luck. I'm older. I need luck to be constantly transfused into me or I run out of it. Without luck, I'm dead. For me, good luck equals happiness. 

No comments: