Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lucid Dreaming: A Beginner's Guide

By Tim Ferris / Author of The 4-Hour Work Week

From 1994-1995 I had the great pleasure of training with wrestling legend John Smith, 2-time gold medalist and 4-time world champion (domestic freestyle record of 80-0; international freestyle record of 100-5).


He was famous for his low leg attacks that made even Olympic finals look like textbook demonstrations.


The problem was, of course, that I was in New Hampshire at boarding school and had never met John Smith. I only trained with him 45-60 minutes per night while I was lucid dreaming. I went on to have my best career season, which culminated with a more than 20-0 record before the national championships…


I’ve since used lucid dreaming to:

  • - Accelerate skill acquisition (example: yabusame)
  • - Reactivate “forgotten” languages in less time
  • - Cultivate zen-like present-state awareness and decrease needless stress
CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY...

No comments: