Thursday, April 17, 2014

How to Destroy Your Best Excuses

I didn't have any money so couldn't start a business. And even if I started one, I didn't have an office, or clients, and I was too shy to cold-call clients. I didn't have connections or rich parents or anything for that matter.

I didn't have talent. I just got lucky. Nobody will hire me. I don't have the right equipment. I couldn't write a book because I had no publisher. I couldn't do stand-up because I was afraid people would heckle me. I'm afraid to write a blog post often because what would people think?

All of my excuses turned out to be blessings in disguise. There's always a gap between "what I have now" and "what I would like."

The gap is all of your excuses. All it takes to close the gap is to be creative and work your way through the excuses. I repeat: this is ALL IT TAKES.

Your excuses are simply the roadmap that takes you from "here" to "there". Good luck on your travels.

No comments: