Monday, January 06, 2014

Are You Playing or Are You Dead?

Go ahead, ask a kid what he likes to do. He says, "I like to play".

What do you do when you're not playing?

"What do you mean?" the kid might say, "I play some more".

A kid can take a ROCK and then play with it. "Kick the rock".

I'll tell you the rules. I hope you and I can play this game.

You're on one side and I'm the other and we put a rock in the middle and we try to kick it past each other. That's it. And it's fun.

No keeping score. No goals. We're pushing and shoving and kicking and getting dirty. Some kid might say, "Whoah, that rock is a mineral!"

Who cares! We're kicking and playing.

Ask an adult what he's doing and he says something like, "I'm doing something serious." We have to make money. So we can rise up some ladder. So we can make use of our education and afford our mortgage and our kids' college educations.

Ok, I am not going to judge. I need to do this stuff also.


No comments: