Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Richard Branson: Failure Is The Secret To Success

I recently hosted the annual Sunday Times Fast Track 100 event at my Oxfordshire home. It brings together leaders from the 100 fastest-growing private companies in Britain, a number of other leading entrepreneurs and a few aspiring entrepreneurs from the Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship in Johannesburg and from the British government's Start-Up Loans Scheme, which Virgin administers.

We spent the day listening to each other and sharing stories of achievement and innovation. There was lots of laughter and some great conversations. Looking at the people gathered around our dinner table, I had a wonderful opportunity to reflect on what makes a successful entrepreneur. I found myself going back to basics: the three key attributes that can make a real difference to a person's career.

While I've touched on these points before, some of the entrepreneurs' stories highlighted them in new ways. If you have these basics down, you can give your risky idea a go with the confidence that you're prepared to ride out any trying times ahead.

No comments: