Saturday, March 16, 2019

How to Own a New Ferrari and Be As Smart As Einstein, Just By Calmly Sitting On Your Couch


By Martynas Jocius,
Author of Mind, Productivity and The Good Life

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." — Albert Einstein

After a hard day of work, I was sitting on my couch with my eyes closed. I decided to meditate, even though I had no clue what would happen. After just fifteen minutes, my mind started to quiet and relax. It was an amazing feeling! I felt as if my heavy and tired body started to lose hold on gravity, and just like dandelion fluff had started to float above a sunlit meadow in a gentle summer breeze. And that was just the beginning.

After a few more minutes, I was absolutely free, relaxed, and the fierce, blazing fire of thoughts in my mind became a low simmer. My body disappeared, and with it the couch I sat on, my room, and my whole house. Everything vanished. Of course, I still knew that I was sitting in a real room – but my mind simply didn't construct it that way anymore. My body was in bliss, and I enjoyed increased energy, because when the mind relaxes it stops many of the thought processes that otherwise burn through our energy. (95 percent of the time, our mind is just running in a hamster wheel of worries, with no purpose except to expend energy and make us exhausted.)

No comments: