Thursday, January 21, 2010

How to Protect Your Time and Simplify Your Life

By Stuart Wilde

One of my students said “Now is the only time I’ve have got.”


I thought it clever as it is so true for all of us. Imagine if you knew exactly when are going to die, and imagine if that day was, let us say two thousand days away, would you spend more time in the office, or filling taxes, or would you spend more time with your kids?


Would you allocate more time to fight with your mother-in-law, or would you walk away and send her on way wishing the scraggy cow all the very best.


Some years ago I wrote out a process I called “minimal movement”. It is a time-management discipline where you brutally eliminate all actions that serve no purpose, and you allocate the least possible energy and effort to the tick-tock humdrum things you have to do.


READ THE FULL STORY HERE...

No comments: