Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A New Twist on Time Travel

By John Berman and Wonbo Woo / ABC News

For some, the idea of time travel is about fantasy. For others it's science. But for Ronald Mallett, it was love -- a son's love for his father.


You might even call it his lifelong mission.


"I thought if I could build a time machine to save my father's life and see him again," said Mallett, whose father died when he was just 10.


"My father was someone who was the center of my life -- I was the oldest of four children and we grew up in the Bronx. And my father was a television repairman," Mallet said.


"He was terrific at his job, as a matter of fact. He really spent a lot of time with me, gave me little scientific toys like gyroscopes and crystal radio sets. I just I just worshipped him."


Mallet said he kept his plan a secret.


"I was astute enough to realize that people were worried about me already and if I told them that wanted to build a time machine I might not want to deal with the consequences," Mallett said.


CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY...

No comments: