Saturday, February 20, 2010

Only Optimists Win at Poker

By Roseanna Leaton

Only optimists play poker. Why would a pessimist even bother? There would be no point in even trying. After all, poker is a game that’s all about winning. Gambling is all about winning. And a serious gambler (or an amateur who takes the game seriously) is always on the lookout for a new technique which could stack the odds in their favor.


Now I had a funny experience a few weeks back. I’m a hypnotherapist and I sell a lot of mp3 downloads from my website. I had an e-mail from a would-be customer asking why I sold cds for winning poker and not for winning at the dog races…Interesting concept.


Now my mind began to work overtime on this one. The initial image which sprang to mind was all these dogs being hypnotized to win their race!! Or perhaps I was to hypnotize our would-be gambler so that he could cast spells upon the dogs to ensure a particular one did in fact win.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY

No comments: