Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Cheat's Guide to Happiness

By Jody Ekert
Source: SameSame.com.au


It’s happiness month here on Same Same. In our quest to find an answer to “What makes you happy?” we sent Jody Ekert to a two day happiness workshop, armed only with a pen, some curiosity and a handful of hope. This week she gives us some shortcuts to a more joyous existence.


I’m always looking for shortcuts. So over the two days of the conference I took notes on any easy ways of increasing happiness. I didn’t want airy-fairy bullshit. I didn’t want a definition of happiness that was impossible to achieve. I wanted scientifically proven, practical suggestions to feel happier, whatever that actually meant.

The simpler or lazier the better I figured, and the more likely I would be to put the idea into practice. Then I hit upon the idea of trying to combine all of them into a kind of cheat’s guide to happiness. Below is the end result with some links for further reading. If you do follow one of these suggestions, or all of them, tell us how it works for you. We’d all love to know.


CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY

No comments: