Friday, February 20, 2015

Be A Rich Monk - 4 Crazy Misconceptions About the Spiritual Life

By Karl Moore / Source: The Brain Salon

Northern Thailand, 2006.

I'm sitting in an ancient monastery by myself. Soaking up the atmosphere.
In front of me, young Buddhist monks are gathering in clusters for their meditative practice. They each wear bright orange robes.

I sit around. Observing their rites and traditions for hours. It's both peaceful and insightful. It makes you go to a place inside and question yourself.

Near the end of my day, one of the monastery leaders came up to me. He was the traditional wise Zen master. His robe was a deep orange, apparently a sign of his maturity and experience within this Buddhist community.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" he asked.

It's true. I'd gone there with questions in my head. At the time, I was battling with two seemingly competing principles.

Firstly -- Money.


Brain Salon Meditation CDs

No comments: