Wednesday, April 25, 2012

6 Steps to Cross Anything Off Your Bucket List

If there's one thing I'm proud of, it's being able to tell good stories.


Not because I'm a particularly good storyteller, but because I've been able to accumulate some amazing experiences in the last 5 and a half years.


It was 2006 when I first hit the road with my next-door neighbor, his younger brother, and a kid I knew from high school to accomplish a list we had created of 100 things to do before we died. We made a promise that for every item we crossed off, we'd help a total stranger do something they wanted to do before they died. To date, we've accomplished 81 items on our list and helped over 81 people.


In addition to those Tim mentioned in the intro, and among others, I've made a TV show, crashed the Playboy Mansion, streaked a stadium, been on Oprah, reunited a father and son after 17 years, made a $300,000 donation to charity, helped a girl find her mother's grave for the first time, and am trying to help a college freshman find a new kidney…


Remember: 5 and a half years ago, I couldn't tell any of these stories.



No comments: