Friday, April 23, 2010

Imaginary Weight-loss Surgery Works on Hypnotized Woman

Source: Daily Mail

A mother of two has dropped three dress sizes in five months after being hypnotised into believing she had a gastric band.

Nasireen Chaudhary, who weighed nearly 12st and was a size 16-18, had the 'hypnoband' fitted by Sara Ellis, a Harley Street hypnotherapist.


The 38-year-old hairdresser from North London said she was styling Miss Ellis's hair when she mentioned that she was considering having an operation to restrict her food intake but could not afford the £5,000 fee.


'I said to Sara: "I wish you could hypnotise me into thinking I've got a gastric band around my stomach," and she replied: "I think I could."


'I had the first session in a quiet room in the salon that day but I am quite a cynical person, so I wasn't convinced it would work. I even went out for dinner with a friend that night. I felt fine and thought, "Oh, it hasn't worked".


'But the next morning I felt sick. I rang Sara and she told me that if I had a gastric band that's exactly how I would feel.'


Mrs Chaudhary now weighs 9st and is able to fit into her old size ten jeans - the first time in more than a decade.


READ THE FULL STORY HERE...

No comments: