Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Astonishing Creative Power of Sound

By Alex Goumakos / Source: Mind Power Soundcapes

The other day while driving home from a ‘challenging’ business meeting, I heard a song on the radio which instantly took me back to another time and place.


The tune playing on the radio was my high school prom song and the moment it began, my mind shifted gears and I immediately let go of all the stress and tension I was feeling.


I started thinking about my lovely prom date and how beautiful she looked in her prom gown.


I easily recalled, with amazing clarity, the magnificent sunny day of the prom, the shiny, freshly waxed car we drove in, and especially the captivating scent of my girlfriend’s perfume.


Problems? What problems? I was in a whole new frame of mind and relishing every moment of it.


Although the event happened over 26 years ago, in my minds eye I remembered everything as if it all happened yesterday.


To say that I was overcome by strong emotional feelings, would be an understatement. That prom was one of the many wonderful experiences I had during my teenage years. It always makes me happy to think about it.


And here’s an important lesson: Success demands a high level of emotional well-being day in and day out. In order to maintain that high level, it’s critical that you leverage any success or personal accomplishment that you’ve had in the past. Think about them. Relish them. And USE those feelings as often as you can in your current undertakings.


CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY

No comments: