Sunday, June 25, 2006

Can This Man Read Your Baby's Mind?

By Fiona McCade
The Scotsman

There is nothing guaranteed to keep a mother on her toes than introducing her baby to someone who claims they are able to read her wee one's mind. With Derek Ogilvie, the psychic who is also known as The Baby Mind Reader, about to arrive on my doorstep, I was on my best behaviour in front of my ten-month-old son.

"Talk me up, Junior," I told him. "Tell the Mind Reader I'm a perfect parent and don't mention the time I dropped you on your head. Say everything's great and there's an extra feed in it for you, OK?"

Reading babies' thoughts is Ogilvie's speciality. We are not talking reading body language, child psychology or any of the other ways of working out what our wee ones are thinking which are backed by scientific study. We are talking thoughts.

A respected Scottish medium for several years, Ogilvie some time ago discovered another unusual gift while giving a young mother a private reading. Ogilvie realised that her three-week-old baby was sending him strong telepathic messages about the family's life together. Passing on information from child to parent, he explained why the baby was having trouble feeding. Once the parents understood, they made changes and a difficult situation was eased. Soon, Ogilvie began to believe that "it was pretty obvious that many babies had this ability. Babies could communicate telepathically if the conditions were right and they had something to say."

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY

No comments: