Monday, June 27, 2005

The Single Most Important Question You Can Ask Yourself

By Chris Green
Author of Conquering Fear


Of the many questions you ask yourself every day, one question is by far more important than all of the rest put together. It is a powerful question that will bring clarity, motivation and purpose to your whole existence.

The question is simply this: "What do I want from life?" Providing a clear, precise answer brings total focus to our lives. But very few people can. Why?

OK, I meet many people through my professional and social lives and what amazes me is that very few of them can answer this question. Most of them answer in abstract terms, such as:

  • "I want money. Lots of money."
  • "I want to be happy."
  • "I want a beautiful house."
  • "I want a sports car."
  • "I just want to meet someone, fall in love and settle down."
  • "I DON’T REALLY KNOW."
Amazingly, the last one is the most common. And the problem with all of the above answers is that they aren’t really answers at all. Because none of them give a specific, precise answer.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY

No comments: