Tuesday, January 12, 2016

How Affirmations Helped Create My Worldwide Empire


By Scott Adams, Creator of Dilbert

Several years ago, in the closing pages of my otherwise humorous book titled The Dilbert Future, I told a weird little tale of how I used a technique called affirmations in my attempts to achieve a number of unlikely goals.

Since then, I've received more questions on that topic than on anything else I've ever written. So I know this will pin the needle on the blog comments.

The idea behind affirmations is that you simply write down your goals 15 times a day and somehow, as if by magic, coincidences start to build until you achieve your objective against all odds.

An affirmation is a simple sentence such as "I Scott Adams will become a syndicated cartoonist." (That's one I actually used.)

No comments: